What does Beacon do?
Beacon is a digital campaign intelligence platform, designed to help online marketers better measure and manage their digital marketing activities. Beacon allows you to create tracked Beacon Links manage campaigns, and measure website traffic generated by your marketing activity.
Once you’ve added the Beacon Analytics code to your site you’ll be able to make the most of Beacon…
Creating your first campaign
Campaigns are where you organise, measure, and compare all the marketing activities you carry out for a specific campaign.
Creating your first Beacon Link
Beacon Links are what you use to drive, and measure, traffic to your website.
- In the top right corner of the app, enter the URL you wish to shorten and measure traffic for (this should be a page on your website). And click Shorten.
- You now have a new Beacon Link to copy and use in your marketing activity.
- To keep track of your Beacon Links you should assign this a campaign (where you plan to use this new tracked link), for example “Mother’s Day 2019 Campaign”
- You can also assign your new Beacon Link a channel, to note exactly where you are using it, such in a Facebook advert, an email campaign, or within a Google Ad.
- Make a note to give yourself further details or reminds, and use tags better organise and measure your marketing in the future.
- You can now use this Beacon Link in your digital marketing campaign and begin measuring website traffic and results.
Once created, you will find your new Beacon Link in the Beacon Links page. Simply click on the Beacon Link you wish to review, and you’ll see a breakdown of the traffic this link has generated.
If you have any questions about using Beacon, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org