Experienced Sales Account Manager required to sell our recently-launched SaaS platform to the marketing agency sector across Northern England.
We offer a generous basic salary of between £28k – £38k pa (depending on experience) and an un-capped commission scheme.
Beacon’s marketing campaign intelligence platform helps marketing agencies deliver more effective digital marketing campaigns for their clients. Using Beacon, marketing agencies can:
- Manage multiple clients and organise all their outbound marketing links in a single place, combining campaign management and web analytics in one easy-to-use dashboard.
- Provide transparent access to the campaign metrics that matter most to clients by offering a differentiated service of accurate reporting in real-time.
- Manage and retain clients by building better and more profitable relationships.
- Attract new clients from ‘dyed-in-the wool’ agencies that still rely on leg-work and spreadsheets to produce questionable campaign results at the end of the month.
Beacon helps marketing agencies produce better results for their clients by doing more of what works and less of what doesn’t!
We are looking for an Agency Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our marketing agency customers. The Account Manager’s role is to ‘own’ our business opportunities with agency prospects and customers across the ‘Northern Powerhouse’ region, develop new business with existing clients and actively seek and close new sales opportunities.
Agency Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Operating as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to your accounts
- Building and maintaining strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Take responsibility for generating and growing a sales-driven revenue stream
- Overseeing customer account management, including negotiating contracts, renewals and agreements to maximise revenue and margins
What does an Agency Account Manager do?
Responsibilities include developing strong relationships with agency customers, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. They will work closely with customers to assist them in ‘selling’ Beacon to their clients as part of the agency’s added value.
Agency Account Managers also answer client queries and identify new business opportunities among existing and prospective customers. In this role, you will liaise with our internal teams (such as Customer Support and Product Development) to improve the entire customer experience.
If you are familiar with marketing agencies and their services to their clients, the drivers and processes they adopt to retain existing clients and acquire new clients, and the challenges they face in a rapidly changing industry, we’d like to hear from you.
Candidates for this role will want to meet ambitious individual and company-wide sales quotas.
Ultimately, a successful Agency Account Manager should collaborate with the rest of our business and proactively suggest strategies and tactics to keep our customers satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long-term.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters in their region
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximise sales to and through agencies
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key agency accounts, agency stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our product and services according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing customers and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales targets
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. monthly and quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with the senior management team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging customer requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven experience working in a marketing agency, or as a technology supplier to a marketing agency, in an account management, sales, or other relevant role
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organisation, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience of working in or with marketing agencies, and demonstrating an in-depth understanding of their key business drivers and challenges they face
- Proven ability to manage multiple account projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills